We are pleased to announce a special opportunity for a few lucky guests next July. Sonar expert Dr. Jason Halfen, The Technological Angler will be holding a sonar conference at Hawk Lake.
This special event at Hawk Lake Lodge represents a unique opportunity to learn from Jason and The Technological Angler’s head on-the-water trainer, Dan Meyer, in a setting that hosts some of the most incredible walleye, pike and smallmouth bass fishing in Ontario. Daily instructional seminars and one-on-one teaching opportunities will ensure that all guests have an opportunity to dramatically increase their proficiency with modern Sonar and imaging techniques, while putting their lessons to immediate use on Hawk Lake as well as the Lodge’s exclusive wilderness lakes. Enjoy great fishing, outstanding technology instruction, and incredible facilities and hospitality at Hawk Lake Lodge.
We could not be more excited to learn from one of the best in the industry and put our newfound knowledge to work on Hawk Lake. An incredible opportunity for sure.
- The seminar will run from Monday July 31st to Saturday August 5th (5 nights).
- Each evening will be classroom instruction with hands on learning to include:
- Understanding sonar interpretation: rocks, weeds, bottom composition, and fish!
- Studying off-shore structure
- In-depth discussion of using and mastering side-imaging
- Working with down imaging and traditional 2D technology
- Hardware set-up tips and sonar settings
- Opportunities to practice your skills with a myriad of sonar readings and hands on analysis
- One on one training opportunities with Jason and Dan
- Hands on training on the water using your knowledge with new Humminbird units in a world class fishery. Put your skills to the test and then come back and share your experience with the rest of the group. All of your questions answered and problems analyzed by the pros
- Your own personalized training manual with all slides and how-tos from the seminar
- A copy of Dr. Halfen’s new DVD, Angler’s Guide to Sonar Interpretation
$450 USD per person per night (5) double occupancy
$425 USD per person per night (5) with quad occupancy
This price includes everything we normally offer at Hawk Lake plus this one of a kind seminar. Private cabin, all gourmet meals, boat, gas, bait, even open bar each evening. The works. Space is extremely limited. For reservations email the lodge or call us personally at 617-820-4056.
About Dr. Halfen
Dr. Jason Halfen is The Technological Angler, and focuses on teaching anglers to leverage modern technology to find and catch more fish. A veteran of the FLW walleye tournament circuit and a former multi-species guide, Jason is a recognized expert in Sonar and high resolution imaging techniques like Side and Down Imaging, as well as digital cartography and precision, GPS-based boat control methods. Using a combination of award-winning training videos, detailed instructional articles, classroom-format workshops and on-the-water training events, Jason helps anglers learn to optimize and interpret their fish finders so they can quickly and confidently locate productive fishing areas, and the fish that swim there. Learn more about The Technological Angler by visiting www.technologicalangler.com .